At equinetrainingandbehaviourist.com, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with us, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check our website occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect information from you?
You may provide us with information when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about our services or when purchasing services on our website. You may also supply us with information when contacting us via email or phone.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, phone number and IP address. Some of our other services and events may require additional information that require your consent, such as any medical conditions and next-of-kin details. If you make a payment online or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise and are fully compliant in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable (i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- keep you up to date with matters you have expressed an interest in, such as events and services.
- process purchases for services that you have made
- process comments and feedback you have submitted.
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- notify you of changes to our services.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will never sell or rent your information to third parties. We will never share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct communications from us about services or activities you have previously expressed an interest in, then you can contact us to ask us to remove you from our database. At the time of signing up for any services or events, you will always be given the choice to positively opt-in.
How you can access and update your information
If you wish for us to update or rectify information, we hold about you, such as a change email address, or any information we hold that is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Systems and practices are in place to ensure your personal data is used and stored in a secure manner. Any payment information is processed by our third-party payment processors, who specialise and are fully compliant in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ensure you get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in January 2021